Tuesday, December 22, 2009

happy holidays to you...

So I am very happy and excited. I have now made 4 etsy sales in the month that I have been open. I need to work on my pictures. I made two new items last night and photographed them, but I can't for the life of me find my cord so that I can upload the new photos to etsy. =/ I am sure it will pop up somewhere!

I don't think I am going to sell many knitted items. There are so many on etsy already and they're much more expensive than mine. I used to only buy really nice expensive yarns until I realized that Michael's has a lot of nice, nice yarn for very cheap. Nothing compares to manos del uraguay, it's my favorite yarn, BUT it's $16.00 a skein - so just on materials, I'd need to charge $26.00 plus labor and shipping costs. Also, it's not machine washable.

I think I am going to move my shop more in the direction of my wall hangings and vintage craft supplies. I will continue to have knitted items on there from time to time, but it's not going to be my main focus I don't think. The knitted items just aren't selling. I can't see spending 6 hours making items that I am not selling. My boyfriend brought up a great point as well; I don't want to make all these hats and bags and then not sell them and be stuck with 100 hats and bags around the house.

Michael's is having a HUGE sale today from 1pm - 11pm. 15% off the entire order!! I am so excited, I am going to get yarn, ribbon, felt, and embroidery hoops for as far as the eye can see!

Yup, it's official. I'm a nerd.

xoxox
Robin

*****discount code*****
nerdalert : good for 10% off your order with me

No comments:

Post a Comment