Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas present gone wrong!

Sooooo....one of the Christmas presents I was knitting was supposed to be a scarf for my Aunt whose taste I have a pretty good handle on. She lives in Ithica, NY - near Cornell. For those of you who know the area, you'll know just by that statement what she's into. Natural, earthy, neutral colors and styles. Well, I started making her a navy blue scarf, and realized about halfway through that I was going to run out of yarn. I was knitting at my boyfriend's house and had a case of the lazies. Without my faithful stash to dip into and pull out a second color to make it a multi colored scarf, I decided to make a cowl! It came out adorably and is now on sale in my etsy shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/robinxdrew

super happy with this, but i am not sure if it's my aunt would be into it. soooo, instead i am going to make her *another* scarf.

i have been having a problem balancing out holiday present crafts with etsy store crafts. I have just kind of been going on the fly, making ideas I have in my head...and when it's done, if I can look at it and say, "hey you're perfect for so-and-so!" it's a gift.

if not, then it goes in the shop. I am working on finishing up two recycyled sweater purses with adorable little owls on them. SO CUTE! can't wait until they're done.

If you read through this whole bloggy blog, you deserve a discount.

Purchase something from my store and enter the code: blogblahblah and I will give you a 10% discount. Discount will be refunded through paypal at the time of purchase.

XOXOX
*rd*

No comments:

Post a Comment